To become a member of the KCWC, women must reside within the gates of Kissing Camels Estates, fill out a membership application, and submit it to the Board with the $50 annual dues. You do not need to be a member of the Garden of the Gods Club to join the KCWC. Memberships expire on the last day of April each year. Members of the KCWC who move out of the neighborhood may continue their participation as Associate Members.
Aside from getting to meet your neighbors and make new friends, the benefits of your membership include:
· Access to our monthly meetings, programs and luncheons, which are typically held at the Garden of the Gods Club
· Invitations to Foodies events, where members explore local restaurants and dining venues. Most daytime events are ladies-only while evening events may include spouses and friends
· A copy of the KCWC Membership Directory
· Monthly e-mail newsletter, which covers KCWC activities, upcoming events, monthly calendar, photos and more
· Access to our semi-annual Day Trippers private excursions, which are ladies-only day trips. Past trips have taken us by bus to the Denver Art Museum for special exhibits; The Molly Brown House and Brown Palace Hotel in Denver; and The Holy Cross Winery in Canon City, which was preceded by lunch and shopping in Florence.
· Ability to join our Special Interest Groups
· Invitations to the monthly “Evening Unwind,” a casual after-hours get together where women catch up with their KCWC friends
· Inclusion in the monthly raffles (if present at the meetings)
· Invitation to our annual summer dining event
Monthly meetings and luncheons are typically held on the 4th Tuesday of each month at the Garden of the Gods Club. You do not need to be a member of the Garden of the Gods Club to be a member of Kissing Camels Women’s Club and attend our events.
KCWC members may attend the meetings/programs at no charge if they do not stay for lunch. For those staying for the luncheon (the favorite social activity for our members!), the current cost for members is $20 per person, an amount reflecting the subsidies provided by the KCWC. Guests of members are charged at our actual cost of $30 per person. The meeting schedule is typically as follows:
10:45-11:10 a.m. Social/sign-in
11:10-11:20 a.m Business meeting
11:20- 12:00 Program
12:00 –1 p.m. Lunch
The calendar year for the Kissing Camels Women’s Club is from May 1st through April 30th. Our annual meeting is held in April of each year. Annual dues are $50.00.
Potential members may attend up to two meetings as a guest. If they wish to continue attending the monthly meetings/programs, join Special Interest Groups or participate in other club activities, they must fill out an application and become a full fledged member.
Some of our programs may be of particular interest to your neighbors and friends. As a member, you are welcome to bring female guests to a meeting and some of our group functions.